Ancient World Odyssey:Two Course Summer Study Abroad Program
Why Go On An Odyssey into the Ancient World?
Imagine listening to epic stories of gladiatorial combat while standing in the sands of the Colosseum, studying on the steps of the Parthenon, or walking the cobblestoned streets of Constantine’s ancient capital. The Ancient World Odyssey program is a leap back in time, utilizing some of the most cutting-edge and interactive teaching methods, integrated into the ancient sites we explore each day of our adventure.
English – Grade 12 (ENG4U)
The core English course focuses on the refinement of literacy, communication and analytical skills. Students build on their understanding of academic language and practise using it confidently in discussion and argumentation both in oral and written forms.
Students can substitute Studies in Literature – Grade 12 (EST4U)
English – Grade 11 (ENG3U)
The core English course gives students the opportunity to hone their presentation, analytical and critical thinking skills through assignments and activities that incorporate both oral and written communication.
Swipe to see all locations and descriptions
- Hotels and accommodations
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Entrance fees to all course-specific sites
- Ministry-approved credit(s) upon successful completion of the course(s)
- Custom course pack
- Student Login
- MEI journal
- Digital yearbook
- Fall reunion
- Return airfare from Toronto’s Pearson International Airport
- Transportation between hotel locations via private coach
- Transportation for all listed program excursions
- Transfers to all accommodations
- The Acropolis
- The Ancient Agora
- The National Garden, Athens
- The National Archeological Museum
- The Plaka
- Ruins of Olympia
- The Roman Forum and Colosseum
- The Pantheon
- The Sistene Chapel and The Vatican Museum
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- Palatine and Capitoline Hills
- The ruins of Ostia
- Piazza Navona
- Travel Visas
- All airline taxes and surcharges*
- Local transportation
- Registration fee
- Course texts
- Medical Insurance and Cancellation Protection**
*For approximate cost, please contact our office
**All students travelling with MEI Academy are required to purchase Medical Insurance.
PRICING UPDATES COMING SOON
In order to comply with TICO regulations, your invoice total will be divided into two payments; one for program costs
(MEI International Academy) and one for travel cost (Carlson Wagonlit Victor Travel). The exact breakdown amounts will be indicated on your invoice and payments begin in January.
Program Costs Payable to: MEI Academy International
Travel Costs Payable to: Carlson Wagonlit Victor Travel
Total does not include cancellation insurance, travel and health insurance, and airline taxes and surcharges.